- Apply lotion, cosmetics, hairspray and perfume before dressing in jewellery to avoid accidentally exposure of jewellery to chemical.
- When undressing, wipe each piece with a clean soft cloth to remove oils and perspiration.
- Store in a fabric-lined box, separately or individually-wrapped in tissue/soft cloth to prevent
- Clean the jewellery using soft bristle toothbrush with diluted soapy, room temperature water. Then, dry the thoroughly washed item with cool air from a hairdryer.
- Never wear jewellery when doing physical work such as housekeeping, or exercise.
- Never expose jewellery to household cleaning products.
- Never expose jewellery to prolong sunlight and strong light.
- Never toss jewellery into a drawer or on top of a dresser as hard surfaces can damage and
cause scratches on the jewellery.
Jewellery Maintenance & Cleaning Method
- Place a soft cloth on a flat surface
- Fill half of a small plastic bowl with room-temperature water (preferably distilled but tap water is acceptable; do not use sparkling water) and place the bowl on the soft cloth. Be sure to have sufficient cloth all around the bowl (to serve as a soft landing area should the jewellery piece drops outside the bowl unintentionally during the cleaning process)
- Add 2-3 drops of mild, dish-washing detergent (preferably PH-balanced; avoid using detergents containing ammonia, acid, alcohol and/or other harsh chemical ingredients) to the plastic bowl of room-temperature water. Stir the mild detergent and water gently with a soft-bristle toothbrush.
- Use the soft-bristles of the toothbrush to gently remove the stains on/in the corners of the jewellery piece. Refrain from scrubbing directly and/or forcibly on any stone surface(s) as the inherent gem properties may be too soft i.e. NOT scratch-resistant to withstand any sort of harsh, direct treatment. Avoid any direct metal/gem contacts between jewellery pieces in order to avoid unintentional scratches and irreversible damage(s) to the gem stone(s).
- Wash the jewellery piece thoroughly with clean, unused, room-temperature water.
- Dry the thoroughly-washed jewellery with cool air from a hairdryer. Alternatively, place the cleaned item in a cooling place to dry on its own.